A good family casserole with a twist, the cornflakes & almond topping.
Almond Chicken Casserole
5 cups diced cooked chicken breast meat 3 tbsp chopped onion
½ cup mayonnaise 4 cups cooked rice
½ cup plain yoghurt 1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup 1½ cups sliced almonds
2 cups chicken stock 1 cup chopped celery
¾ tablespoon white pepper 1 cup butter
1 tbsp salt 3 cups cornflakes
2 tbsp lemon juice
How to prepare
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl combine the diced chicken, mayonnaise, yogurt, soup, broth, white pepper, salt, lemon juice, onion, rice, water chestnuts, 1 cup of sliced almonds, and celery.
- Mix well.
- Place mixture in a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine the butter or margarine, corn flakes cereal and 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
- Mix together and top the casserole with this mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes.