My Kinda Butter ChickenCourse: Main MealsDifficulty: Easy
2-3 fresh mixed-colour chillies
350g ripe mixed-coloured cherry tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp garam masala
4 heaped tbsp natural yoghurt
2 x 150g free-range skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp smooth cashew butter
- Halve and de-seed the chillies. Place in a large non-stick frying pan on a high heat with the tomatoes and blacken all over, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel the garlic and ginger, and finely grate into a large bowl. Add most of the garam masala, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and 1 tbsp of yoghurt.
- Deeply score the chicken breasts at 1cm intervals, then massage with the marinade.
- Once charred, remove the tomatoes and chillies to a board, returning the pan to a medium heat with half a tablespoon of olive oil and the chicken. Cook and char for 10 minutes, turning halfway, while you pinch off and discard the tomato skins and roughly chop one or two of the chillies to taste.
- Remove the grarly chicken from the pan and go in with the tomatoes, chopped chillies and cashew butter. Pour in 250ml of boiling water and stir to pick up the sticky bits.
- Let it bubble vigorously for two minutes and once it starts to thicken, return the chicken to the pan, turning in the sauce for a final two minutes, or until cooked through, then remove to a board.
- Off the heat, season the sauce to perfection, then ripple through the remaining yoghurt. Slice the chicken and serve with the remaining chilli and garam masala.
- You can adjust the ‘heat’ depending on how you prefer your curries. I served it with Basmati rice.
- Recipe book 7 Ways by Jamie Oliver available HERE