Roasted baby carrot salad with walnuts, puy lentils and fetaCourse: SaladsCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
We served this, Roasted baby carrot salad with walnuts, puy lentils and feta, last Sunday with traditional roast Chicken and roast potatoes and it was so popular that our guests were going up for third helpings! A good and healthy alternative to all the normal vegetables we serve on a Sunday. For more Love Your Gut recipes click HERE.
bunch of about 12 young slim carrots, leaves and ends trimmed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, roughly chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1 small avocado, sliced
100g ready-cooked or canned Puy lentils
1 large bag of rocket
30g walnut pieces, gently toasted in a dry pan
small bunch coriander, chopped
100g feta, crumbled
seeds from half a pomegranate
2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
2 tbsp virgin olive oil
Squeeze of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas mark 6.
- Wash, but do not peel, the carrots. Lay the carrots in a roasting tray with the red onion, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with ground cumin.
- Place the carrots and onion in the oven for about 20 – 30 minutes until tender and a little wrinkled. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake well. Adjust the seasoning to your taste. This dressing should taste a little sharp.
- Mix the remaining salad ingredients together with the cooked carrots in a bowl with half of the dressing. Lay the salad in a shallow bowl or serving platter and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
- The best way to remove the seeds from a pomegranate is to cut it in half and immerse the halves in a medium-sized bowl filled with water. Gradually tease out the pomegranate seeds and remove the thin yellow skin. The seeds will sink to the bottom of the bowl of water and the thin yellow skin will rise to the surface and can be skimmed off. Drain the seeds from the water and store any extra in an airtight container.
Did you know we have 1000+ brilliant recipes on this website? Check out our other salad recipes here