If you are also a fan of caramelised onion and roasted cauliflower, you may well appreciate knowing about this super simple, chuck-it-in-and-it’s-done recipe…
Easy Roast Spiced Cauliflower and Red OnionsCourse: Main or sideDifficulty: Super easy
Just combine everything and let the oven do the rest. Serve the roast cauliflower and red onions with yogurt and salad on the side as a main or add it to a wrap for a delish lunch.
1 small cauliflower (about 700g) separated into florets
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
4 tbsp tomato purée
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp black pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Don’t discard the leaves and stem – cut them into small pieces, too.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add all the cauliflower. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the cauliflower begins to soften, then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180C fan/gas 6. Tip the cauliflower into a roasting tray and add the onions.
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and spread this paste all over the cauliflower and onions. Rub it in well so everything is evenly covered.
- Roast the vegetables for 40 minutes, until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Serve warm.
- This will keep in an airtight box in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat the roast cauliflower and red onions before serving.
Recipe from Chetna Makan’s Healthy Indian Vegetarian cookbook. BUY NOW
If this recipe makes you lick your lips, then you need to know that we have over 700 more for you here