Garlic Chicken and Cauliflower BakeCourse: Main MealsDifficulty: Easy
1 cauliflower – if large, use ⅔ or if small use it all
250g diced chicken breast
1 bunch of parsley – 30g approx
4 garlic cloves
25g grated cheese
50ml white wine
50g double cream
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 bag baby spinach – 150g approx
Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200℃/Gas 6 and have all your ingredients washed and ready to use.
- Remove any tough outer leaves from the cauliflower. Reserve nice-looking inner leaves. Cut the cauliflower into equal-sized florets; you want them to be quite small, so they cook in time.
- Peel, halve and finely slice half the onion, this is all you will need (unless it’s a very small one, then use it all).
- Transfer the cauliflower and the onion to a baking tray and spread out into an even layer. Drizzle over a little oil to coat and season well. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat. Set aside off the heat.
- After 5 minutes, toss the chicken into the baking tray along with any reserved cauliflower leaves (halve any larger leaves, through the centre of the rib). Bake for a further 5 minutes, adding a little more oil, if necessary.
- Finely chop the parsley, stalks and all. Peel and finely chop or grate the garlic.
- In the saucepan, mix the melted butter with the parsley, garlic, cheese and breadcrumbs. Season with pepper.
- Once the cauliflower and chicken have baked for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and gently fold through the wine, the cream and the mustard.
- Add the spinach – mix it in a little. It will fill the tray, but there is no need to stir it until it completely wilts, it will wilt down in the oven. Scatter over the garlicky crumbs.
- Return it to the oven for a further approx. 8-10 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender, the spinach wilted and the chicken is cooked through.
- Check the seasoning and serve.