I practically drool when I see a recipe has lime, lemongrass, coconut milk and chilli as ingredients – and this has all four. Plus it is comfortingly creamy. As there are only three of us in our family, I made a batch and froze half – by which I mean to say it freezes beautifully. 454 cals per person.
Ingredients serves 6
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3cm piece ginger or galangal, finely chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely sliced
- 6 freeze-dried kaffir lime leaves (Barts is very good)
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 2 tsp light muscovado sugar
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- good handful fresh basil and coriander, roughly chopped
- 250-350g Thai rice, cooked following pack instructions, to serve
- Tip all the ingredients except the chicken, lime juice and herbs into a pan, bring to a gentle simmer and cook uncovered at a relaxed bubble for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until the chicken is tender. Stir in the lime juice, then scatter over the herbs before serving with rice.