Chocolate Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake by Rukmini IyerCourse: Sweet Treats
This recipe comes from The Sweet Roasting Tin by Rukmini Iyer and is a new family favourite. The lemon zing balances the richness of the chocolate.
150g chocolate digestive biscuits
60g unsalted butter, melted
250g mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
250g full-fat Philadelphia cheese, at room temperature
300g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
150g lemon curd
- Blitz the digestive biscuits in a food processor (or smash them in a bag, using a rolling pin) until fine. Mix with the melted butter, then pat down evenly over the lined base of a 20cm springform cake tin. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Whisk the mascarpone and Philadelphia together until smooth and set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water (don’t let the base of the bowl touch the boiling water). Turn off the heat.
- Whisk 2 heaped tablespoons of the mascarpone mix into the chocolate; once incorporated, add the rest a few tablespoons at a time, along with the honey, until smoothly mixed: do this quite quickly, as the chocolate will want to set – a vigorous beating will bring it all together smoothly.
- Spread the lemon curd all over the chilled biscuit base, then add heaped tablespoons of the chocolate mixture over the top and smooth it down evenly. Return the tin to the fridge to set overnight.
- To unmould, carefully run a hot knife around the edges of the springform tin, then remove the sides. Let the cheesecake sit for 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- To purchase this recipe book CLICK HERE (a great Xmas present)