1. FOR SILVER: Take a large container and cover it with tin foil. Fill it with hot water and add half a cup of salt and half a cup of baking soda. Leave silver items to soak in this mixture for 30 minutes, then rinse them and wipe dry with a soft cloth. All the dark stains will disappear.
2. A MATTRESS: Mix vodka and water together to a ratio of 1:3 and spray the mixture on a mattress. The spirit will disinfect and destroy most of the bacteria.
3. THE MICROWAVE: Cut a couple of lemons in half and place them in a glass container with water. Put it in the microwave, heat it until the water boils, and leave it like that for a minute. The dirt on the inside should then be very easy to wipe off.
4. GREASE STAINS: Run a piece of white chalk over grease stains, leave it for a few minutes and then wipe with a damp cloth. This works just as well with stains on clothes as it does with those which have ended up on the walls. With clothes, leave for an hour and then simply blow the chalk away.
5. DEPOSITS ON CRYSTAL & GLASSWARE: Pour two glasses of warm vinegar into a tub (you can heat it up in the microwave for about two minutes to get it warm). Submerge the dishes in the vinegar so that they’re completely covered. After a few minutes, rinse them and wipe dry.
6. ANIMAL FUR/HAIR: Put on a pair of ordinary rubber gloves normally used for washing up, douse them in water and then run your hands along the surface of the furniture covered in animal hair/fur. Everything will stick to the gloves. To get rid of hair or fur on a rug, you can also try using a on ordinary scraper you would normally use for wiping windows clean. You’ll be amazed by the results!
7. BURNT FOOD IN A FRYING PAN: Fill the frying pan with a little water — only enough to cover the surface area. Then pour in a glass of vinegar. Boil thoroughly on a medium heat, then remove from the stove and add two tablespoons of baking soda. The burnt bits of food will come off with no trouble at all.
8. DEPOSITS IN THE KETTLE: This is the easiest one of all. Pour in a spoonful of lemon juice mixed with water and boil it for five minutes. Then pour out the water, and the kettle will be as new!
9. THE SHOWER HEAD: Pour some vinegar into a polythene bag and then attach it to the shower head using rubber bands. Leave for an hour or overnight. The dirt will be cleaned from both inside and on the outside of the shower head.
10. THE SINK: Grapefruit and lemons can help clean surfaces wonderfully. Sprinkle some salt on either one of them, then use them to wipe down the sink. It’ll be as clean as crystal!