Couscous Salad Greek StyleCourse: Veggie / VeganCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
This, Couscous Salad Greek style, is such a simple recipe that everyone will enjoy. It soaks up all the flavours and is delicious with lamb.
100g dried cranberries
2 red onions, finely chopped
10 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
8 preserved lemons, finely sliced
1 Bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped
Juice of 3 large lemons
5 tbsp olive oil
5 tbsp chopped mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
5 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
5 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Tomato & Onion Salsa to serve (optional)
- Prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions. Tip into a large bowl and stir in the dried cranberries. Leave to cool.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients and combine well. Cover and chill for 1 hour to let the flavours develop.
- Serve at room temperature, topped, if liked, with tomato and onion salsa.
- A fresh tomato salsa is a great garnish for this couscous salad. Finely dice and mis together 4 tomatoes, 1 red onion and a Bird’s Eye chilli (deseeded for a milder heat). Season and spoon on the centre of the couscous, topped with fresh mint leaves.
- To purchase The Real Greek cookbook click HERE