Fresh, vibrant, creamy, zingy – this Crab and Avocado Tian makes a perfect starter or light lunch.
Crab and Avocado TianDifficulty: Easy
When the sun is out and you have friends coming for lunch, this is a great recipe. Quick and easy to prepare, it works well with a large green salad and some crusty bread. Yum.
250g white crab meat
Large ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
60ml creme fraiche
Tspn fresh lime juice
Pinch curry powder
Red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- Put avocado into a bowl with lime juice and a little salt and pepper.
- Mix the creme fraiche, curry powder with the crab meat and set aside.
- Lay out greaseproof paper on a flat baking tray and put 4 large chef rings on top.
- Spoon in the avocado, an equal amount in each chef ring, gently flattening with the back of a spoon.
- Add a layer of crabmeat to each chef ring.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Remove from fridge, lift each chef ring using a spatula and put on a serving plate.
- Gently twist each ring and lift away from the contents. (Don’t worry, the tians come out very easily).
- Sprinkle with the chives and – if you like – chopped chilli to taste and you are ready to impress your guests.
Read why avocados are so good for you here
There are 900 recipes on A&G website