Crab Linguine – Serves 2
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
1/2 red chilli, finely sliced
1 fresh dressed crab
200g cherry tomatoes – halved
200g linguine or tagliatelle
Salt and Pepper
Handful of coriander
1. Put one large pan of salted water on to boil for the pasta. Put 2 plates in a warmer!
2. In a separate pan, splash in some olive oil and pop in the garlic and chilli – cook on a medium heat for 4 minutes, and now pop in the halved cherry tomatoes, stir to coat with the garlic and chilli and cook gently so the tomatoes break down slightly. More chilli or garlic can be added depending on personal taste
3. When the water is boiling put the pasta in the pan and cook as instructed on the packet.
4. Meanwhile add the mixed crab meat to the tomato mixture and stir thoroughly to make sure the crab meat is all hot.
5. Before draining the pasta take out a cupful of the pasta water and reserve. Now drain the pasta, add in the crab mix and stir really well, add a little of the reserved pasta water if the sauce needs to be loosened slightly. Add a good pinch of maldon sea salt and a very good twist of ground black pepper, serve on warm plates with some finely chopped coriander on top and a couple of quarters of lime on the side.