Cranachan CrumbleCourse: Sweet TreatsCuisine: ScottishDifficulty: Easy
This Cranachan Crumble is a comforting baked fruit recipe for chilly days. Perfect Sunday lunch dessert.
350g fresh or frozen raspberries
6 tablespoons heather honey
100ml double cram
2 tablespoons whisky
lightly whipped double cream, to serve
- For the Oatmeal topping:
85g unsalted butter
100g fine oatmeal
100g rolled oats (not instant)
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ (375℉) Gas 5. Put a baking tray on the middle shelf to heat.
- Put the raspberries into an ovenproof baking dish. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the honey and pour in the cream and whisky.
- To make the topping: melt the butter and the remaining honey in a saucepan and stir in both types of oats. Stir until they start to clump together like a crunchy breakfast cereal.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the surface of the raspberries, mounding it up a little towards the centre.
- Place the baking dish on the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake the crumble for about 20-25 minutes, until crisp and golden on top.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving with lightly whipped double cream.
Over 65 comforting baked fruit desserts from this recipe book by Ryland Peters & Small