Creamy Leek and Pea Risotto with ‘Parmesan’ CrispsCourse: Recipes, Veggie / VeganDifficulty: Easy
This creamy leek and pea risotto is not only easy – because you don’t have to stand over the rice with a ladle full of stock as it’s baked – it’s also a really economical dish. Very filling and the tarragon gives it that wow factor.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 leeks, halved and finely sliced
250g risotto rice (arborio)
700ml hot vegetable stock
175g frozen peas
3 tbsp full fat yoghurt
Zest one lemon
Handful of finely chopped tarragon
- Heat oven to 200 degrees/180 C fan / gas 6. Heat the oil in an ovenproof casserole dish. Add the leeks and cook until soft but not browned – usually takes around 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook for one minute. Then pour the stock over and stir. Cover and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, stir rice, re-cover and put back in oven for another 10 minutes.
- When rice is al dente and all the stock has been absorbed, remove from the oven and stir in the tarragon and peas.
- Pop back into oven – or onto a hob – for a couple of minutes to warm through the peas.
- To serve, stir through the yoghurt, add the zest and season well.
- For ‘Parmesan’ crisps, please see this recipe