Cucumber & Pea SaladCourse: Side saladDifficulty: Easy
Just looked at the weather forecast and seems we’re about to enjoy a few days of glorious sunshine. This no-cook Cucumber and Pea Salad is a no brainer when it comes to the side dish we’re going to have with our BBQ as it’s a brilliant storecupboard dish…
500g frozen peas
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Put frozen peas in a bowl and pour over a kettle of boiling water. Set aside to thaw for 5 mins or so.
- Halve the cucumber length-wise, scrape out the seeds with a spoon and cut into fine half moons.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar and some salt and pepper.
- Drain the peas, combine with the cucumber, chives and dressing and serve
- A variation on the dressing: 2tbsp mint sauce, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil. Whizz and pour over the vegetables.
- I also added a few sprigs of mint