Ginger & Marmalade Cake from Varrie Murray, a Twitter friendCourse: Sweet TreatsCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
We met the author of this recipe, Varrie Murray, on Twitter (@v65ify) and when she posted the above image of her Ginger & Marmalade cakes, I wanted to reach out and have a slice. Sounds like such a ‘warming’ cake.
2 large eggs
240g caster sugar
350ml oat or full fat milk
240ml vegetable oil
460g plain flour
6 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 dessert spoon dried ginger
100g thick cut Marmalade
75ml runny honey
100g crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (or a medium temperature). Line your cake or loaf tins
- Beat the egg in a mixing bowl and mix in the milk and vegetable oil. Add the sugar and whisk until sugar has dissolved. Add marmalade and honey and whisk.
- Sift in the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, crushed walnuts. Mix together until smooth.
- Fill the cake tins 3/4 full. This leaves rise room.
- Cook in the middle of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes (approx. depending on your oven!). When the sponges spring back to touch they are ready.