I could eat this for breakfast, lunch and then again for supper.
GOAT’S CHEESE & WATERCRESS QUICHE
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100g watercress , roughly chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 150ml milk
- 150ml log soft rindless goat’s cheese , in rough chunks
- freshly grated nutmeg , optional
- 1 x 8″ savoury pastry case
How to prepare
For the filling, fry the onion in the oil until just soft, add the watercress and cook until just wilted. Beat the eggs and milk and stir in the watercress mixture and goat’s cheese. Season and if you like, add a pinch of nutmeg. Add the filling to the shortcrust pastry case and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 180C/gas 4/ fan 160C and cook for a further 25-30 minutes or until lightly set.