My son gave me a wonderful present for Mothers Day earlier this year – a day at The Goodwood Hotel spa. Loved my treatments but it is the lunch I remember most. We had lamb burgers made from Goodwood Estate meat and they were super-delish. This is my version if you fancy a change from beef:
(Please excuse inelegant presentation but Husband was very late home from work, so only had time to take a quick pic otherwise he might have died of hunger!)
Luscious lamb burgers
INGREDIENTS Makes 8.
212 cals each
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tsp finely chopped rosemary needles
- 1kg lean lamb mince (10% fat)
- 2 packs of oven bottom muffins
- Mayo, sliced tomatoes, salad leaves, tommy k – whatever extras take your fancy (if you have them, a few pomegranate seeds are great). I served mine with lambs lettuce and a generous helping of roasted new pots/red onions.
- Crush the garlic, rosemary, 1 tsp salt and ½ -1 tsp pepper with a pestle and mortar to make a paste. Add to the lamb and mix together.
- Divide the mixture into 8, then shape into round burgers. Grill 8-10 mins, turning frequently, until cooked to your liking. When burgers are almost ready, split the muffins and grill on cut side only.
- Assemble, serve and you’ll be in burger heaven. A dollop of fat free Greek yoghurt mixed with diced cucumber (if you want to play it cool) or a dollop of harissa paste (if you don’t) also goes well.