Hot Chocolate StirrersCourse: Sweet treatsDifficulty: Easy
A great recipe to make with young children. They can eat the Fromage Frais first so you have the empty pots. Also a good gift.
300g dark, milk or white chocolate (or a mixture) broken into squares
Sunflower oil, for greasing
Selection of chocolate buttons, hundreds and thousands, nini fudge pieces or chopped peppermint candy canes
- Dip the pastry brush in the sunflower oil and paint a very thin layer of oil over the insides of the fromage frais pots.
- Put the chocolate in a bowl and heat in the microwave in 30-sec bursts until runny, stirring after each blast. Or melt it in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (get an adult to help you). If you’re using different types of chocolate, you should melt them separately.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate into the pots. Put a lolly stick in the middle of each and sprinkle your chosen decorations around it.
- Sit a cake case on top of each pot so that it covers the chocolate and the stick pokes through the hole. Put them in the fridge to set overnight.
- The next day, carefully pull the chocolates out of the pots and throw away the paper cases. Wrap each in cellophane tied with string and write a tag to read: ‘Simply stir into hot milk.’