Italian Vegetable Pie with MascarponeCourse: Veggie / Vegan
This Italian Vegetable Pie with Mascarpone is so tasty, the pesto, mascarpone and sundried tomatoes add a deliciously rich taste to this pie
1 kg red potatoes
2 red peppers
2 garlic cloves
2 tins cannellini beans
20g sun-dried tomatoes
2 tsp bouillon powder
4 tbsp green pesto
50 g Italian style cheese, grated
- preheat your over to 190℃/Gas 5. Peel and dice the potatoes into 2cm chunks. Transfer to a medium saucepan with a good pinch of salt. Cover with plenty of water. Bring to the boil then cook for approx. 10 mins, until tender.
- Meanwhile, peel, halve and thinly slice the onion. Deseed and dice the pepper into 2-3cm pieces. Dice the courgette into 2cm pieces. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Drain the cannellini beans. Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil to a medium heat. Stir-fry the onion, pepper, courgette and sun-dried tomatoes for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 more minute.
- Into the veg, stir the cannellini beans. Add the bouillon, mascarpone, pesto and 8 tbsp of water. Season. Stir on a low-medium heat for 1-2 mins. Take the pan off the heat. Tear up and stir in the basil.
- Drain the potatoes. Leave in the colander for 2 mins, then put them back in the saucepan and mask them with the butter. Season to tast.
- Tip the veg into a baking dish. Spread over the mash. Use a fork to fluff the surface up a little. Scatter over the Italian cheese. Place on a baking tray (optional, to help catch any juice that bubble over). Bake for approx. 15b mins, until golden.
- Serve with a salad