Japanese Cotton Cake (also known as souffle cheesecake) – using 3 ingredients
Ingredients serves 6
120g white chocolate
120g cream cheese
How to prepare
1. Preheat the oven to 170C. Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Keep egg whites in the refrigerator to keep cold until you are ready to use them.
2. Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water (60C/140F). Then add the cream cheese and blend them together. Remove the bowl from the heat, add the egg yolks and mix well.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down without the mixture falling out.
4. Add 1/3 of the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture and blend well with a spatula. Then add the rest of the egg whites a bit at a time and mix well.
5. Rub some oil/butter on parchment paper and use it to line the cake tin. Pour the batter into the tin and drop the tin lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Place the cake pan in a larger roasting dish. Pour some hot water into the dish and bake at 170C for 15 minutes, 160C (320F) for 15 minutes, then switch off the heat leave in the oven for another 15 minutes.
There is a video you can watch if you click here.