Kale, fried chorizo & crusty croutons with a poached eggDifficulty: Not too tricky
A brilliant brunch or speedy supper.
60 g quality chorizo
1 slice of crusty bread
150 g kale
1 clove of garlic
2 large free-range eggs
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Roughly chop the chorizo, then add to a medium frying pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. Cook for a few minutes until crisp.
- Tear the bread into small chunks, add to the pan and cook for a further minute.
- Chop the kale, then peel and chop the garlic. Add to the chorizo and cook for a few more minutes, or until the kale starts to wilt a little.
- Meanwhile, poach your eggs.
- Add the vinegar to the chorizo pan, season well, and leave to bubble down for a moment.
- Remove from the heat and serve with a poached egg on top.
More scrummy main meal recipes can be found here