Lemon, Basil and Chicken Pasta Bake
Serves : 6
- 300g farfalle pasta
- 4- 6 (depending on size) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillet – cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 60ml white wine
- 450ml soured cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 25g torn fresh spinach
Prep:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to the boil over high heat. Stir in the pasta; return to the boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 190 C. Season chicken with pepper.
- Melt the margarine with the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat; cook and stir the chicken pieces until no longer pink in the centre. Remove the chicken pieces, and place them in the bottom of a baking dish.
- To the same pan, add the garlic, white wine, soured cream, basil, lemon zest and 1/2 of the lemon juice. Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat; stir in the pasta. Spoon the pasta and sauce mixture over the chicken. Cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 15 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley and spinach, and drizzle with the remaining lemon juice but be careful as it may be too lemony so I leave this addition of lemon juice out. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.