Supper dishes like this one are a firm favourite in our house. Quick to make and healthy – 380 cals per portion.
Lemony Prawn & Chorizo Rice Pot
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 small red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 50g chorizo, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli (deseeded if you don’t like it too hot)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 250g long grain rice
- 200g raw peeled prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 100g frozen peas
- zest and juice 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
How to prepare
- Boil the kettle. Heat the oil in a shallow pan with a lid, add the onion, peppers, chorizo, garlic and chilli, then fry over a high heat for 3 mins. Add the turmeric and rice, stirring to ensure the rice is coated. Pour in 500ml boiling water, cover, then cook for 12 mins.
- Uncover, then stir – the rice should be almost tender. Stir in the prawns and peas, with a splash more water if the rice is looking dry, then cook for 1 min more until the prawns are just pink and the rice tender. Stir in the lemon zest and juice with seasoning and serve with extra lemon wedges on the side.