Lime Granita With Mango, Chilli & SaltCourse: Sweet TreatsDifficulty: Easy
This Lime Granita with mango, chilli and salt is totally delicious. It is a particularly refreshing dessert after a heavy main course. You can make the lime granita the night before. Then just before you serve, peel and slice the mango.
150g granulated sugar
zest of 4 limes and 150ml juice (from about 7-8 limes) plus slices or wedges for squeezing
1 large, just-ripe mango
Sea salt and chilli flakes
- Put the sugar, lime zest and juice into a saucepan with 500ml water and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Turn the heat down a little and simmer for 4 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Pour the liquid through a nylon sieve into a shallow metal container that will fit into your freezer. Cover with clingfilm and put in the freezer.
- After about 40 minutes the mixture should have started to freeze round the edges. Stir this, mixing the frozen bits with the central pool. Continue to break up the frozen mixture every 45 minutes until you have something that looks like coarse snow.
- Peel the mango and slice the flesh from the stone, cutting close to the stone so your remove the plumpest possible bit of the mango. Cut the firm flesh into slices.
- Divide the mango slices between six plates and squeeze lime juice all over them. Sprinkle over a little salt and chilli flakes. Serve spoonfuls of the granita alongside.
For more pudding recipes click HERE