Another great thing about being an older woman is that I have, over the years, discovered several make up products that I have come to rely on. Would be fascinating to hear which cosmetics you couldn’t bear to be without – please let us know in the Comments section at the end of this article.
As you can imagine, Annabel and I have reviewed a lot of lippies over the last decade. Some brands have, for us, stood the test of time. These are the four that I trust to deliver what we all want most in a lipstick – good depth of colour, non-sticky, long lasting (probably the most important benefit for most of us?) and not too expensive.
- HOUSE OF COLOUR – if you know your seasonal colour then you’re guaranteed to find the lipstick that will suit you. Mineral based, paraben free with added Vitamin E. MORE INFO
- LIPSTICK QUEEN – don’t worry that this one’s yellow! It turns into a colour that specifically suits you as it reacts to the PH on your lips. MORE INFO
- LOOK FABULOUS FOREVER LUSTROUS COLOUR – specially formulated for mature skin. Choose from warm or cool tones. MORE INFO
- BOBBI BROWN POT ROUGE – nourishing, hydrating lippie. Shown above: Powder Pink (5 other colours available) MORE INFO
MY FIVE-A-DAY PICK ME UPS
And you may also be interested in these products which are permanent fixtures in my make-up box for good reason.
- BOBBI BROWN BLUSHER Award winning creamy formulation that is easy to apply (I use fingertips). One of these little pots lasts me about a year and I wear it every single day. Can also be used on your lips. MORE INFO
- TRINNY BBF SKIN PERFECTOR Match2Me service on the website to ensure you get the correct colour. Does what it says on the tube! MORE INFO
- TRINNY MIRACLE BLUR Fills and ‘irons out’ little wrinkles giving your a smoother looking complexion. Perfect, I find, for those little lines between your top lip and your nose. MORE INFO
- PRAI PLATINUM FACE CREAM Firms and lifts your complexion. Special offer on at time of writing. MORE INFO
- GIMME BROW – a nifty little mascara-like applicator that you brush onto your brows and gives them instant definition. Mine is still going but I notice the packaging has since been redesigned plus it’s on special offer at time of writing this. MORE INFO
AND ONE TO WIPE THEM ALL AWAY!
Annabel asked me to pass on the good news to you about these reusable bamboo make up remover pads to you. Ordinary cotton pads don’t biodegrade due to the bleaching and mixing processes used to create them. These, however, can be machine washed in their 100% cotton bag at 40 degrees and tumble dried – Annabel bungs them in with her weekly towel wash. Let’s do our bit for the planet ladies! MORE INFO/TO BUY