Monday Lunch LeftoversCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
I often make this meal for a Monday lunch and throw in all the leftover vegetables from the weekend. Sometimes I might fry some onions and red pepper before adding to the cooked rice. It is my go to Monday meal that is healthy and cheap!
150g brown rice, cooked
1 tbsp olive oil
50g edamame beans
50g cooked french beans
50g cooked peas
12 cherry tomatoes
Salt & pepper
And any other vegetables eg red peppers/carrots/broccoli
- Cook the rice in the normal way.
- Add 1 tbspn olive oil to a frying pan over moderate heat. Add the rice and all the vegetables, some seasoning, and stir as it all heats through.
- Whisk the eggs and and add to the pan. Keep stirring to break the eggs up.
- When cooked through serve perhaps with some soy sauce.
- I recently added roasted squash, pomegranate seeds and feta cheese left over from another recipe and it was equally delicious.