A must for Bonfire Night…
Nutty Toffee Apples
6 Cox apples
6 small wooden ice lolly sticks
225g/8oz granulated sugar
110ml/4fl oz water
2 tbsp golden syrup
4 tbsp finely chopped mixed nuts
1. Push the wooden sticks halfway into the apples at the stalk end.
2. Dissolve the sugar and water in a thick-bottomed pan over a gentle
3. Add the butter and syrup to the mixture and bring to the boil.
Continue to boil, without stirring, until the toffee reaches 140C/275F
(use a sugar thermometer to measure this).
4. Remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in the nuts.
5. Carefully dip each apple into the toffee, making sure each apple is
well coated, and set aside to harden on a baking try lined with