Husband and son were out in the field chopping down dead trees and getting rid of old bushes and having a whale of a time. All that hard work meant they were really hungry when they came in the house for lunch, so a hearty dish of pasta was the perfect solution. As we all have a thing for chorizo at the moment, this simple recipe got gobbled up in a very unseemly way!
INGREDIENTS serves 4
400g dried penne pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 (250g) chorizo sausages, sliced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo for about 3 minutes until all the lovely orange oil has leached out.
- Add onion and garlic to the frying pan and cook until tender. Add contents of tin of tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Add contents of frying pan to pasta and stir until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon pasta into warmed bowls.
- Add a few strands of rocket and lashings of grated parmesan and pour a lipsmacking glass of red wine