Petits Pois Salad: A Vibrant Green Side Dish With Preserved Lemon SalsaDifficulty: Easy
Never thought of eating cold peas before but this Petits Pois Salad recipe has a zingy dressing that really complements this healthy vegetable. Obviously this is a dish to prepare for a sunny alfresco lunch so keep it in mind for when the weather improves!
Half bunch of fresh mint, leaves only, finely sliced
200g podded broad beans
200g frozen petits pois
2 spring onions, finely sliced
6 tbsp olive oil
Lemon, zested and juiced
1 preserved lemon, finely chopped
10 sugar snap or mangetout, finely sliced
1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the broad beans for 2 mins, then drain and put into a bowl of cold water. Pinch each bean to squeeze it out of its skin.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 2 mins, then drain and mix with the beans.
- Stir through the spring onion, season and tip everything into a serving bowl.
- For the salsa, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, preserved lemon and a pinch of salt and pepper, until emulsified. Stir through the sugar snaps or mangetout, chilli and sliced mint.
- Although it’s a bit of a faff podding the broad beans, they do pop out easily if you pinch them and so much better to eat them without the tough-ish white skins.
Lots more wonderful recipes where this one came from – CLICK HERE TO VIEW