Pork with clams and chorizoCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
We enjoyed this one pot wonder for lunch last Sunday. We sat outside in the garden and cracked open a bottle of rose to go with it. Oh yes, and I served it with a bowl of white rice. This combo of pork with clams and chorizo is a great one – especially with the tomato sauce base. It is simple and simply delicious.
2 large shallots, diced
150ml olive oil
Tin chopped tomatoes
Tsp red wine vinegar
100ml white wine
Handful coriander, chopped
100g chorizo, thickly sliced
Pork tenderloin, thickly sliced
White clams, one vacuum pack from frozen section in supermarket
Clove garlic, finely chopped
- In a dry frying pan, cook the chorizo and pork until caramelised and just cooked – about 10 mins.
- Gently fry the shallots in 50ml oil in a large pan until they are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, wine and vinegar and bring up to the boil.
- Add chorizo and pork and stir. Then the clams. Put a lid on and simmer for five mins.
- Decant into a warmed serving bowl and sprinkle with coriander.
Did you know we have around 700 tried and tasted recipes on this site? CLICK HERE TO VIEW SOME