Refreshing Watermelon & Feta SaladCourse: Side dishCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
One of our favourite BBQ meats is butterflied leg of lamb. So long as Husband doesn’t incinerate it of course (we really like our meat pink). We slather it in mint jelly and stud it with garlic and slap it on the barbie and everyone seems to ask for seconds so it can’t just be me that thinks it’s super delish! Anyhow, this refreshing Watermelon & Feta salad recipe goes brilliantly with the lamb.
2 tbsp pine nuts
500g watermelon, peeled and sliced
200g radishes, thinly sliced
100g Feta cheese
Handful fresh mint leaves
Handful basil leaves
Handful pomegranate seeds
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until golden and set aside.
- Pick out any seeds from the watermelon and arrange on a serving platter.
- Scatter over the radishes, herbs, pomegranate seeds, crumbled Feta and the cooled pine nuts.
- Drizzle over some virgin olive oil and season to taste.
- When my friend Bumble made this for me recently, she served the watermelon cut into much thicker slices which I think is particularly good for a very hot day as it was an even more refreshing dish.
Thanks to Alyson for suggesting this recipe to me.
If you like Feta cheese, try Annabel’s recipe for Beetroot Salad with Whipped Feta HERE