Made this earlier in the week when Grace came over. She had one and a half portions. Enough said!
Salmon and Leek Parcel with New PotatoesCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
Some readers have asked me to convert this recipe into one for those who do not own a Thermomix. The ingredients remain the same and the cooking instructions are in italics.
10 g fresh dill, leaves only
450g leeks, halved lengthways, then sliced (5 mm)
1 tsp fine sea salt, plus extra to taste
¼ tsp ground black pepper, plus extra to taste
500g new potatoes, halved
600g salmon fillet, fresh, skinless
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place dill in mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 8. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Chop dill finely and set aside.
- Place leeks and 60 g water in mixing bowl then, with simmering basket in place of measuring cup, cook 7 min/100°C/speed 1. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Place leeks in saucepan with 60g water and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mascarpone, reserved chopped dill, salt and pepper then, without measuring cup, cook 2 min/90°C/speed 1. Meanwhile, line a large baking tray with baking paper (approx. 50 cm x 50 cm). Spoon leek mixture along the middle of the baking paper then rinse mixing bowl.
Add mascarpone, reserved chopped dill, salt and pepper and with saucepan partially on simmer for another 2 mins. Again stir occasionally.
- Place 500 g water in mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket and weigh in potatoes then steam 25 min/Varoma/speed 1. Meanwhile, insert MEATER® in centre of thickest part of salmon fillet. Make sure the safety notch is fully inside. Place salmon on top of leeks, making sure not to cover MEATER® with leek mixture. Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Fold over baking paper and fold in ends to create a large parcel. Open the Meater app and connect to MEATER®. When connected, select “Tap to Setup Cook”, choose fish, select salmon and choose preferred target cooking status, then bake (200°C) until the Meater app indicates the desired cooking status has been reached.
Simmer potatoes in water for 25 min approx. until they are cooked. Meanwhile, line a large baking tray with baking paper (approx. 50 cm x 50 cm). Spoon leek mixture along the middle of the baking paper. Place salmon on top of leeks. Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Fold over baking paper and fold in ends to create a large parcel. Bake in oven (200°C) for 10 – 15 mins until salmon is cooked through.
- Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula. Carefully remove MEATER® from salmon and serve in portions with creamed leeks and steamed potatoes.
Serve salmon with steamed potatoes.
- I did not use a MEATER® but I baked the salmon for 18 mins at 180℃