As we enter Spring proper, we still encounter a few drizzly grey days. So keep this recipe in mind for when you need some comfort food. The creamy fettucine is topped with flaky sustainable Norwegian cod and is topped with crispy lardons for extra taste and texture. Simple to make and simply delicious.
Norwegian Cod Fillet With Mustard Sauce
INGREDIENTS serves 6
- 10g rock salt, or as needed
- 150g lardons
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 glass white wine
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 100g double cream
- 500g fettuccini
- 6 Norwegian cod fillets
- 1/4 bunch chives
HOW TO PREPARE
- Boil a big saucepan of salted water with 10g of rock salt per litre of water. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a hot pan, fry the lardons and leave them to one side when done.
- In the same pan, add a drop of olive oil and sweat the shallot with a small pinch of salt.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and reduce until it is almost dry. Add the Dijon mustard and thick cream. Mix together, season with pepper and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- In another frying pan, using the remaining olive oil, cook the cod fillets for 3 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the drained fettuccini to the hot cream sauce and heat through for 1 minute.
- Top with the cod and sprinkle over the lardons. Garnish with some fresh chives.
This fish recipe is also a winner – Sweet Paprika Cod