Crispy Sea Bass with red onion and lentils
Easily doubled or quadrupled up. Fast, fuss free and fabulously fresh and delish. The soft flavoursome vegetables work beautifully with the crispy skin of the sea bass.
2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
Half red onion, finely sliced
1 tbsp capers, drained
200g tinned lentils, drained and rinsed
Half lemon, zested and then juiced
Sea bass fillet
Half red pepper, sliced
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and add the pepper and onion with a pinch of salt and cook until they are soft and slightly caramelised.
- Add the lentils, zest and lemon juice to the pan and heat until hot.
- In another frying pan, heat up the rest of the oil and fry the sea bass skin side down. Once crispy, turn over and cook for another 30 seconds or so until the flesh is just opaque.
- Put the lentil mix into a bowl and top with the crispy sea bass. Season well and enjoy!
- I am really in to rapeseed oil as I can easily buy it locally produced – even from my supermarket.