Last week Annabel and I had a fun trip to the brilliantly large M&S in Camberley to have a look at what goodies they are offering in the way of holiday fashion. We think Marks and Spencer is a great place to shop because you’ll find floaty dresses, flattering swimwear, masses of sandals and bags, quality suntan lotions – well, absolutely everything you and your family need for your holiday in one convenient location.
After a frothy coffee in the cafe we filled our trolley with all sorts of holiday fashion goodies. There really was so much to choose from, all great quality and fairly priced. Here are some of our favourite pieces, all of which we think look great on older women…
- Linen Rich Striped V Neck Shift Dress £29.50 available in regular or long and other colourways. Square Preppy Sunglasses (5 other colours available) £15. Woven Leather Flat Ballet Pumps £45 (also available in Metallic and Tan). I am usually 8.5 but the 8’s fit me perfectly. Very comfortable from the minute you slip them on.
- Annabel is wearing a Pure Cotton Striped Shirt in Green Mix £25. Cotton Rich Ribbed Crew Neck vest top £6.50 (7 colours, sizes 6 – 24). White Leather Flat Espadrilles £35 (size 8 was, sadly, too small for me, so advise taking your usual size)
- We are both wearing our can’t-do-without white Sienna jeans (petite, regular and long sizes, sizes 6 – 24). They are stretchy so if you are between sizes we’d recommend going down one size. £22.50
Both A and I absolutely adore this Linen Blend Tailored Single Breasted Blazer. The shape is super flattering, it’s lightweight and perfect for travelling as it doesn’t crease like 100% linen. A bargain at £59! Another super find was this Pure Cotton Striped Sleeveless Vest £15. When it is really hot and there is no option but to go sleeveless, this is perfect. The cotton is substantial so doesn’t show every lump and bump, making it really easy to wear.
Apologies about the knobbly knees and white legs!
- Annabel is wearing Geometric Boxy Top £39.50 (sizes 6 – 24). The colours and pattern of this shirt look even better in reality. Underneath is a white Ribbed Scoop Neck Sleeveless Vest £15. Worn with Denim Boyfriend shorts in Soft Green £25 and white Leather Espadrilles.
- I’m dressed in a really comfortable Floral Button Detail blouse £29.50 and Cotton Rich High Waisted Chino shorts £17.50 (8 colours to choose from). Can also happily recommend the stripey Straw Tote (should be available in store, other colourways including a gorgeous plain straw are available online) £25.
- How to wear a strappy maxi as demonstrated by our friend Amanda – team this Pure Cotton Maxi Tiered dress £39.50 with a cool cotton rich fitted ¾ sleeve top £8.50 (the latter covering the tops of our arms beautifully and the slash neck is just the right size ie your bra straps remain hidden) or the jacket mentioned earlier.
- Geometric Midaxi Column dress £35 worn with black leather Gladiator sandals £45.
- Printed Sleeveless Midi Wrap dress £45 with leather Flatform Footbed Mules £69
Hope you liked our holiday fashion finds from the M&S holiday shop. The swimsuits also look great and are definitely worth checking out – you’ll be relieved to her we weren’t brave enough to model them ourselves! M&S clothes are enormously popular and are always refreshing their stock, so do check out what else is new in the Holiday Shop section on their website.
One last tip – you can treat yourself to the M&S Summer Beauty Bag – worth £160 – for just £25 when you spend £30 on clothing, home or beauty.
You can see more of our fashion finds for 50+ women here