When my son and I ate this, he remarked that it was just as good as dinner at our favourite Thai restaurant. As I have never been as far east as Asia, I was delighted with his compliment. And I believe you will be equally delighted with quite how easy it is to make this fabulous dish.
Super easy scrummy Thai Chicken Curry for twoCourse: Main MealsDifficulty: Very easy
If you feel like a spicy treat for your tastebuds, read on….
4 nice big fat chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
Coconut milk, half a tin 200ml
Thai red curry paste 2tbsp
150ml chicken stock
Lemongrass, 1 stalk bashed
Fish sauce 1tbspn
Lime, zest and juice
Pack of microwavable Basmati or Jasmine rice
Cucumber, half, cut in half longways, deseeded and sliced
Spring onions, half bunch, sliced
Red chilli, finely sliced
Coriander, handful, chopped
- Pop chicken thighs, skin side up, on lightly greased or non-stick roasting dish and cook for 10 minutes in 180 degree oven. Take thighs out of pan and discard chicken fat.
- Add the curry paste and a splash of coconut milk, stir and cook for a few minutes. Stir in the rest of the coconut milk and the chicken stock. When simmering, add the lemongrass and sit the chicken, skin side up, in the pan and cook for 25 minutes until they are crisp and golden. Stir in the fish sauce and lime juice.
- Microwave the rice (usually takes 90 seconds) and share between two dishes. Top with the curry sauce and chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle over the cucumber, spring onion, chilli and fresh coriander. I think it’s the addition of these cold elements that really brings this Thai curry to life.
- Simply double the ingredients if you are cooking for four people
Love chicken? Then we think you’ll really like our other tried and tasted chicken recipes