Tomato and Tapenade Tart – A Snack Made In HeavenDifficulty: Extremely easy
I love to serve our guests this sort of nibble with pre-lunch drinks. The concentrated flavours of this super easy Tomato and Tapenade Tart will get everyone’s tastebuds going.
- Slice the large tomatoes thickly.
- Preheat a large rectangular baking tray in a hot oven for 5 mins or so. Lay the puff pastry on a piece of baking paper and score a 2cm border all the way around the edge of the pastry.
- Spread a generous amount of tapenade onto the pastry (within the border) and arrange the sliced tomatoes on top. Halve the cherry tomatoes and use them to fill any gaps.
- Drizzle the tart with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Remove the hot baking tray and carefully slide the tart/baking paper on to it.
- Bake the tart for 20 – 30 mins until the pastry borders have puffed up and the base is light golden brown – no soggy bottoms please!
- Remove from the oven and scatter with basil leaves. Once cool, the tart can be sliced into portions. Drizzle with more olive oil if liked.
- Don’t try and cut into slices until the tart has cooled down.
This is a cheat’s version of a recipe by Alex Jackson, from his book Sardine. MORE INFO
More starters and side recipes here