Just got back from a few sunny days in Salcombe staying with our very hospitable friends, Katrina and Jerry. It is such a fabulous seaside town whose atmosphere takes you back to your childhood holidays – ozone infused air, towering ice creams, sandcastles and being on the sun-speckled water. So now Husband and I are back in Sussex and feeling landlocked. To cheer us up and remind us of the coast, I am going to make a deliciously light crab noodle salad as follows:
Crab Noodle Salad
Ingredients serves 2
- 2 nests vermicelli noodles
- Fresh dressed crab or a 145g tin of jumbo crab meat, drained
- 1 cucumber peeled into ribbons
- 1 lge carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 120g radishes, sliced
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 15g fresh mint or coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped dry roasted peanuts
- FOR THE DRESSING 1 red chilli, finely sliced, 3cm peeled and grated ginger, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp fish sauce, 2 limes (zested and juiced) and 1 tsp soft brown sugar
How to prepare
Cook the noodles according to pack instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Put the crab, noodles, vegetables and most of the mint or coriander in a large bowl. Mix well. Toss through the dressing and divide between two plates. Scatter with the remaining herbs and the peanuts.